Sign in to follow this  
midnighthrasher

Sufix siege vs elite

I have used both and I like both.  To use a rough parallel, you can think of Elite and the Trilene XL, and Siege as XT.

The reason I say roughly put is because Siege doesn't handle like XT exactly, but it seems to be more abrasion resistant than Elite. It leads me to think that Elite is probably better suited to open water scenarios or situations where cover will not be an issue.

If I am not mistaken, they are the same diameter, but even with that as the case, it just seems that Siege might very well be a bit more abrasion resistant.

Sufix Siege is among the best monos I have used to date, and Elite is pretty good too. I also love how both resist memory.

I have used Elite in 8# strength and Siege in 10, 12, and 20#.

I have used both and I like both. To use a rough parallel, you can think of Elite and the Trilene XL, and Siege as XT.

The reason I say roughly put is because Siege doesn't handle like XT exactly, but it seems to be more abrasion resistant than Elite. It leads me to think that Elite is probably better suited to open water scenarios or situations where cover will not be an issue.

If I am not mistaken, they are the same diameter, but even with that as the case, it just seems that Siege might very well be a bit more abrasion resistant.

Sufix Siege is among the best monos I have used to date, and Elite is pretty good too. I also love how both resist memory.

I have used Elite in 8# strength and Siege in 10, 12, and 20#.

Great explanation

how well does the 10 or 12 # siege cast ? I use pline cxx in 10 lb and its plenty strog for about anything stuff just doesnt break but ive heard siege was more manageable

how well does the 10 or 12 # siege cast ? I use pline cxx in 10 lb and its plenty strog for about anything stuff just doesnt break but ive heard siege was more manageable

Its mono and it will cast as well as any comparable mono of the same diameter.

Siege will definitely be more manageable IMHO. I have also used CXX and the stuff is tough but the price to pay is its wirey-ness if that could be a word. I would presume also that Siege in the same strength is probably going to be thinner than CXX of the same strength which should lead to slightly farther casts. Siege will definitely be more manageable.  I cannot note enough at how well sufix resists memory. CXX, as with many other Pline products quickly acquires memory. This is not to put it down nor is it to say this is a terrible thing. I like CXX, but it's an observation and fact about the memory. This memory is not an issue for me. Its benefits outweigh this minor point.

I've used both (in 10, 14, 17 and 20#) and prefer Siege. To me, Elite has more memory than Siege. Both do cast well and are abrasion resistant but the memory causes me to give the nod to Siege.