Sign in to follow this  
wickyman

Abu Garcia Conolon hellbenders?

I recently received two Abu Garcia Conolon Hell bender spinning rods, in 6'6" lengths.  They are two piece rods, but super sensitive!  They are 6'6" long, and have a lure weight of 1/4-5/8oz.  They have these funky plastic handles that lock the reel in place.

My question is, where can I find any info on these rods, as far as values, or are they worthless?  They look really awesome!  They have a graphite weave, and one of them has a spiral type graphite weave, which looks great in the light!  :D  Thanks for any help you can give me, and sorry if this is the wrong area for the post...

I should also state, that the rods I received, are pretty old.  Here is a picture...

1108091124a.jpg

1108091124-1.jpg

1108091122.jpg

As you can see, the handle design is pretty out there...  Kind of 80's maybe?!  I don't really know much about them.  My father in law inherited a bunch of rods from his dad after he passed away, so there isn't much known about them...  I believe they came from a fishing shop that closed...  So they seem to be a quality rod.  Any ideas?

No big value  , older cheaper rods that's all.

If they are in good shape , use them until they take a crap.

They are in excellent condition.  In fact they still had the film over them...  So they are basically brand new...  They are pretty sensitive for being, "cheap rods"...  I have to say, even with the bulky, ugly grips, they are more sensitive than some of my shimano rods...  Even more so, than my shimano clarus...  I don't understand that...  But still, they are pretty decent, and I can fight fish well with them.  I might modify the handle, and go from there just didn't want to destroy something, if they were worth money.  You know?