Sign in to follow this  
SWMIBASSER

Wright and McGill Skeet Reese rods.

Any feedback on these. Just saw them advertised in the Dec Bassmaster. Never heard of them before.

I have handled them in gander mtn. They feel good and I like the guides. Some felt like a buggy whip. I think they should be good for the money. But I can't get past the color. Just a little too much yellow for me.

They look like a Carrot stick that hasn't begun to ripen yet.

i love mine its a jig and worm rod. love it. better than the carrot stix in my opinion. i know some people that the carrot stix have broken on hookset and boyd duckett dropped them as a sponsor that is one of the reason. but its all personal preference.

just bought the spinnerbait/worm rod. it is 7' and i bought it strictly for fishing my scrounger. it feels nice and light, and for $89 it was worth the risk. i will fish it this weekend and let you know.

But I can't get past the color. Just a little too much yellow for me.

x2 otherwise I'd think about getting one. For me it's a toss up between the Vendetta or the BuCoo.

I saw him use these rods at our local BassJam we had, he is from my hometown. They are good for the money definitely.

I'm glad to hear some good about them but I wouldn't trust a rod company who makes a "toad/senko" rod. Those are two baits that should be fish on completely different rods unless you are flipping the senko in super heavy slop.    :-?

It makes sense to me.

I don't fish frogs but it would seem you would need a rod with a soft tip to throw unweighted lures, and plenty of backbone to haul bass out of cover and/or set the hook.

Sounds like a rod that would be good for senko fishing to me.

I guess to really be able to haul fish out of 'frog water' it would have to be king kong stiff......

How stiff is King Kong?

Not sure. But It sounds better than squirrel stiff or muskrat stiff..... ;D

Id bet the toad rods not too stif because your not really throwing toads in the same scum and heavy vegetation that you would a snagproof. Its probably a senko rod first, but the backbone and action allows for an effective hookset with a topwater toad bait.