Sign in to follow this  
Dixon

What line for my new rod?

Getting a KVD Quantum Elite Rods. 6 10 Med Hvy for spinnerbaits, jerkbaits, and topwater according to kvd.

Gonna put a quantum KVD 6.3:1 baitcast reel on it. It says 12 lb test.  First of all is this a good reel and what line would you use.

For topwater I usually put on a monofliment line, since it floats. I've had no issues with it other than line memory. But, if you let it sit for a month or two without being used its not really the lines fault.

As far as the reel, I'm not too sure. I know a lot of guys on here have issues with Quantum, not me. I have an energy pt and its my go to reel.

Hope this helps.

a friend of mine has a kvd quantum reel and while he is picking out his birds nests, i am reeling in fish with my Revos....

If you're throwin topwater, put some 8-10lb mono on it..  I like suffix mono

Getting a KVD Quantum Elite Rods. 6 10 Med Hvy for spinnerbaits, jerkbaits, and topwater according to kvd.

Gonna put a quantum KVD 6.3:1 baitcast reel on it. It says 12 lb test. First of all is this a good reel and what line would you use.

If it's the one based off of the Code then it is a decent reel, not great but not total garbage either.  I have a code and it has served me well.  If it's the new PT reel, should be a killer reel.

a friend of mine has a kvd quantum reel and while he is picking out his birds nests, i am reeling in fish with my Revos....

If you're throwin topwater, put some 8-10lb mono on it.. I like suffix mono

To sorta echo what Jimmy said.. I prefer mono in that situation and will tend to keep it at the lighter end of the scale, even with a Revo S.

Gonna put a quantum KVD 6.3:1 baitcast reel on it. It says 12 lb test. First of all is this a good reel and what line would you use.

No, get a Citica. You will be WAY happier. Spool it with Yo-Zuri 10#

I would go with Yo-Zuri Hybrid line. in 12lbs test.

As for reels I have never tried a Quantum reel.  All though the new reels do look very very nice.

Later, ;)