Sign in to follow this  
ww2farmer

Great deal on TD Fuego's

I don't know if this deal was exclusive to my local Gander Mtn. in Rochester NY or not, but I was able to grab a NIB Team Daiwa Fuego-L casting reel for $74. It was marked down to $99, plus they have a sale going on that all clearance items are an extra 25% off. They still had a few LH's after I bought mine, plus several RH's. I didn't need a new reel but I couldn't pass up a deal like that.

I don't know if this deal was exclusive to my local Gander Mtn. in Rochester NY or not, but I was able to grab a NIB Team Daiwa Fuego-L casting reel for $74. It was marked down to $99, plus they have a sale going on that all clearance items are an extra 25% off. They still had a few LH's after I bought mine, plus several RH's. I didn't need a new reel but I couldn't pass up a deal like that.

I don't have a Gander Mtn. around here but that's sounds like a sick pickup  ;D congrats on the find.

-Jason

I just called up to the Rochester store.  They have 1 left and the price is $112.

i've never used a daiwa fuego in my life but that is an awesome, awesome deal!  if i had a hundred bucks i would definatley try one!

I just called up to the Rochester store. They have 1 left and the price is $112.

That sucks, they were clearly marked $99 yesterday, plus the 25% off all clearance items............I think someone didn't know what they were talking about

I have one about 30-45 mins away...never been there but if they really are even only 100 I'd make the drive to get one. Never used one but just over the summer they were over 200 so it has to be good. haha

Went to the rochester store today and also bought a fuego.  It was originally supposed to be 112 (150 - 25%), but when he rang it up at checkout it was 75.  I think it was the last left handed one; still at least 1 right handed left.  They had a number of other reels on sale as well.

Mystery solved.  I just called again.  Only the lefties were $77.  The righties are $112.

I wouldn't lie to you guys :D  Hey RAM3139, did you grab a rod to go with it. I picked up the last Kistler Mag. TS 7' H Jig and Toad. I had to break up the St Croix monopoly going on in my rod rack. So much for saving up for that Loomis MBR844C I wanted.

Do you guys know if I can order over the phone and have them ship it? I'm in california, no gander mountain here. :'( I would love one of those lefties

I wouldn't lie to you guys :D Hey RAM3139, did you grab a rod to go with it. I picked up the last Kistler Mag. TS 7' H Jig and Toad. I had to break up the St Croix monopoly going on in my rod rack. So much for saving up for that Loomis MBR844C I wanted.

Yeah, they had some fenwick HMX rods for around 37, so I picked up a 6'6" one.  So the fuego and rod went for a total of around 115.  Should make a good spinnerbait setup.

Do you guys know if I can order over the phone and have them ship it? I'm in california, no gander mountain here. :'( I would love one of those lefties

I called one that was out of state and they said they would ship it.Then he checked and said they had sold them all at that store.

I'd love to pick up a lefty too. 

Any ideas if the sale is still going?  My local store didn't stock them but I would be willing to order if I could find one that has them.

Thanks..