Sign in to follow this  
JCL523

Lamiglas Excel Bass Series Casting Rods??

Hello all. This is my first post......but have been "lurking" for awhile. I have decided to get back into bass fishing this year after a 5 year hiatus of using nothing but a fly rod. I have kept my equipment in good shape and think I will be ok with most of it. However, I want to add a dedicated cranking rod to my equipment list. I saw the Lamiglas Excel Bass Series Casting rods on Tackle Warehouse's site. The one I am looking at is the XL705Glass. I like the wide range of lure weight listed for it.

I have also been looking at a 6'9" and 7'0" Carrot Stix LTX Cranking rods. I picked one of those up in a local shop the other day and it felt pretty nice. They also have a decent lure weight range (1/4-3/4 oz).

Lastly, I was looking at the Quantum Tour KVD Cast Rod in the 7'0" Med Hvy model. It has the tightest lure weight range (1/4-1/2 oz).

Could someone please provide some feedback to help me decide?

Thanks in advance!!

I have been looking at the Lamiglas Excel Crankin rod also.  It looks and sounds great.  The Carot Stick is starting to have problems with broken rods.  I know three people who have broke thier new Carot Sticks in half while fishing this past year.  The KVD rod is too heavy for me.  I looked at it also, but i stayed away because of the weight.  Thats just me tho...

The KVD rod is too heavy for me. I looked at it also, but i stayed away because of the weight. Thats just me tho...

I thought the same thing.  But, they have one in a shop near my office.....so I guess the convenience factor played a part in my consideration.  I hate to order stuff!!  Lol!!

I hate to order stuff too, but even worse than ordering is to buy something that you dont like just because its convenient.  If you dont like the feel of the KVD rod, DONT buy it.  I have bought rods because they were a little bit cheaper only to have to go back and get the more expnesive one later because I knew I didnt like the cheap one.  I say give the Lamiglas a chance. :)

JCL523,

I have fished Lamiglas rods for 30 years, salmon, steelhead, fly and bass.  The Excel glass has a soft parabolic action and is designed for crankbaits.  You can apply it to spinnerbaits up to 1/2 ounce without any problems.  if you want a rod that is more of a multi-purpose you might want the 703 0r 704. I'm lucky, the headquarters is 20 minutes away so I get to go hands on.  Enough said.  PM me if you want more info.  Glad to share.

F n P

every time i go into my local tackle store (the only decent one in town), they're out of the excel 705 glass. they have most of the other excels but the salesman i talked to said they can't keep that one in stock. i've been very curious about it because i love my other lami 705 glass sticks so much. wish i could help you but i've not been able to get my hands on one either.