Sign in to follow this  
coopie84

American Rodsmiths Rat l trap Rod

I was wondering if anybody could help me decipher something with these rods.  I've never seen action described as medium light....I'm thinkin its less than moderate.  Also I'm hoping its a medium heavy??? I'm interested in the Grass Rip'n Special.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.

American Rodsmiths Rat-L-Trap Series Rods are technique specific allowing you to take the guess work out of choosing the right rod.

Model #      Description      Length      Line Weight      Lure Weight      Action

RT-69      Rat-L-Trap Special      6'9"      8-17lb      1/4-5/8oz      Medium Fast

RT-GR70      Grass Ripp'n Special      7'0"      12-20lb      1/4-3/8oz      Medium Light

RT-LC76      Long Cast Edition      7'6"      10-30lb      3/8-1 1/4oz      Medium Fast

Where did you get that info? The only rat l trap rod I know of by them is in the team series lineup. Are you looking at there saltwater/inshore rods? That action sounds more like a saltwater trout rod to me.

Thats what puzzling to me as well...here is the link from bass tackle depot...like to try out the rod if I can get some more info on it from anybody.  Thanks for your help.

basstackledepot.com

The board won't let me post an active link because I havent been a member long enough.  But go to that site and then click rods and then American Rodsmiths

TW has them in the 7' mh for $99. http://www.***.com/descpageARSCR-ARLSCR.html http://www.americanrodsmiths.com/Products/LimitStix/tabid/107/Default.aspx It's the same rod that they sale at academy down here for $50. Except the one we have here sold in stores in split grip and it's called the Apex. Good rods.   For whatever reason the link doesn't work. Anyway you got the websites there.

The lure weight rating for that ML is comparable to other ML rods.. The only thing that doesnt look right is the line rating..... ?