Sign in to follow this  
wisconsin heat

finesse and flouro, your input

i am buying a finnesse outfit, and am curious as to what line i should rig it with, i dont catch big bass(its hard to admit it haha) , or fish heavy cover, so i think i could get away with some pretty LIGHT line, haha, whats your input on my line dilema?  :)

On my spinning gear I use 6 or 8#

for baitcasting I use 8 or 10#

this is just my preference.Flouro can loop off of spinning gear so a line conditioner helps

I use either 4lb fluro when the bite is really Tough, or 6 lb yozuri ultrasoft..for dropshot or weightless roboworms..If you have little to no cover i.e. timber ect, then I'd go 4 lb, just make sure your drag is set properly.. :)

An option would be to spool with a superline and tie on a fluoro leader.  This way you won't have to respool for years, as opposed to a few times a year for the pricey fluoro.

hmmm....i might just do that, what is you guys' favorite flouro? i hear the BPS is pretty good, but have also heard well about japanese brands like sunline or gamma.......

hmmm....i might just do that, what is you guys' favorite flouro? i hear the BPS is pretty good, but have also heard well about japanese brands like sunline or gamma.......

I did not like the Gamma Flouro. and the very best that I have found is the XPS.

Sunline and Seaguar are great. Gamma is no longer making fishing line.

An option would be to spool with a superline and tie on a fluoro leader. This way you won't have to respool for years, as opposed to a few times a year for the pricey fluoro.

I agree, 15 or even 10lb sufix braid works great on my spinning gear.  BPS fluoro is good stuff, comparably priced to other lines though, but when you're using 6-8 feet at a time for leaders, 200 yards will go a long way.

I use 6lb Stren with a 6ft leader of flouro. The connection is made with a blood knot, which has held very well for me. I have had knots joining braid to flouro come apart. Probably not tying it right, but since I have to tie it, im gonna use what works for me.

I've been using trilene 100% fluro, in 4 and 12lb...so far in the last month ( I know, it's not that long) I've had no issues. To be honest, I don't see much difference between the fluro, and the YoZuri ultrasoft I also use.

Wow, this is one question if you ask 10 different people, you'd get 10 different answers.  But that said, I like Berkley's Trilene 100% Fluorocarbon.  It's a little expensive, but not any more so than some of the top fluoros. 

The 100% Fluoro line is limp and handles very well on spinning or casting tackle.  I use 6# for my spinning and 10-15#'s on my baitcasting.  I like the 6# so much that I am on my second bulk spool in 3 years! :)