Sign in to follow this  
HOIST-N-HAWGS

Shimano Chronic 100B ?

Trying to figure out how to remove the small threaded pin that holds the side plate shaft in, (part#3235). The shaft itself is broken and I need to replace it.

Thaks for you help!

I don't see a part #3235 on that schematic. Part #3529 is the side plate assembly which has a shaft built in. Is that what broke?

Delaware Valley Tackle,

I don't see a part #3235 on that schematic. Part #3529 is the side plate assembly which has a shaft built in. Is that what broke?

If you have all of Shimano's schematics then you could find the right one....

If you are looking at a schematic for a 2005 Chronarch CH100B you will see that the part number (BNT3235) is the side plate shaft, and it does exist.

Trying to figure out how to remove the small threaded pin that holds the side plate shaft in, (part#3235). The shaft itself is broken and I need to replace it.

Thaks for you help!

HOIST-N-HAWGS, if you look at the frame were the side plate lock is located and turn the plate slightly you will see a very small set screw that takes a very small millimeter hex wrench to fit it. I have had to replace many broken shafts and I had to make my own wrench because I couldn't find any small enough..

Good Luck & Tight Lines!!!!

Thanks for your effort DVT, very much appreciated. David is correct, I have the 2005 model.

Delaware Valley Tackle,

If you have all of Shimano's schematics then you could find the right one....

If you are looking at a schematic for a 2005 Chronarch CH100B you will see that the part number (BNT3235) is the side plate shaft, and it does exist.

Thaks for you help!

HOIST-N-HAWGS, if you look at the frame were the side plate lock is located and turn the plate slightly you will see a very small set screw that takes a very small millimeter hex wrench to fit it. I have had to replace many broken shafts and I had to make my own wrench because I couldn't find any small enough..

Good Luck & Tight Lines!!!!

aka The Reel Mechanic

S.O.G.!!!!!!!!!  :-/ That would be it David! Truly appreciate your assistance! :D

Sorry Hoist, I jumped the gun by responding before looking deeper. :-[ David is absolutely right.

Mike