Sign in to follow this  
MN Bass Man

want opinions on Silver Thread line

If you've used this line, especially the flouro, I'd like to know what you think of it.  It's the only line sold on lurenet.com, and I'd like to try it if the opinions are positive, due to my buying the gold card membership and get it at half price.

I have used the AN-40 and it's ok.  I got a spool at BPS for $2.99 a few years ago, worth every penny of $3.  I prefer other lines over it though, I had a few breakoffs and it tended to coil up a bit more than even P-line CXX.

I have used the AN-40 and it's ok. I got a spool at BPS for $2.99 a few years ago, worth every penny of $3. I prefer other lines over it though, I had a few breakoffs and it tended to coil up a bit more than even P-line CXX.
more than P-Line CXX  :D:):o

Always liked it when I could get it.  The AN40 was one I used. 

I have used the AN-40 and it's ok. I got a spool at BPS for $2.99 a few years ago, worth every penny of $3. I prefer other lines over it though, I had a few breakoffs and it tended to coil up a bit more than even P-line CXX.
more than P-Line CXX :D:):o

Sounds strange but yeah....well, the ST was 14lb and the CXX is 12lb but I felt like it was more.  It may have been a defective batch @ $3.

Several years ago, I got a close out on Silver Thread - 14, 17 & 20 lb.    It came in a plastic package that I haven't seen since - it said  one shot reel fill on the package.  At the time I didn't think it was bad line.  I've tried numerous lines since then.  My current opinion is that I don't think that it sucks as bad a P line does.  JMO

I love the stuff.  I've had great experiences with all of their lines except the fluoro, simply because I haven't used it.  It is quite supple, and makes for a great crankin' line.

A few weeks back I got a smokin' deal on a bulk spool of green AN40 in the Bargain Cave.  I plan on using it on my slib-bobber rods this spring.  This deal saved me a nice chunk of dough, as I usually spool Magnathin on my slip-sticks.

Never cared for the AN40, but loved the Super Silver Thread. The only reason I quit using it is because they quit making it in green.