Sign in to follow this  
ib_of_the_damned

Daiwa Exceler Baitcast reel reviews?

Do any of you have these reels? How do they perform? Im interested in picking one of these up, I have found some for a good price.

They're some nice looking reels.  I got a few and they perform better than any other reel in that price range.  They also got that sexy swept handle.  Anyways if you find a good deal on these they're worth the money.

I have one and like it. Good reel for the money.

I don't have one but BassMaster did a write on them a while back and rated them as one of the better reels in that price range for both the Spinning and Baitcast models. The article was in a late last year magazine

I have one and they are a good reel for the money.  Mine is really loud and the bearings are not that great but it does its job.  I just got my first BPS extreme and like it a lot better than the exceler for the price.  Much smoother and quieter in my opinion.

I have one and they are a good reel for the money. Mine is really loud and the bearings are not that great but it does its job. I just got my first BPS extreme and like it a lot better than the exceler for the price. Much smoother and quieter in my opinion.

what do you mean by loud? and is it still loud after a oil and lube job?

Mine is also kinda noisy even after a good cleaning an lube job, but it preforms flawlessly I used it last year for flipping jigs 3/8 to 3/4 oz and the drag was pretty awesome an it never failed me even when working heavy stuff so if you can get over the noise good reel for the money, but not as good as my advantages.

I have one and they are a good reel for the money. Mine is really loud and the bearings are not that great but it does its job. I just got my first BPS extreme and like it a lot better than the exceler for the price. Much smoother and quieter in my opinion.

what do you mean by loud? and is it still loud after a oil and lube job?

Yes.  Its not like a freight train but it is definitely louder than all of my other reels.  Not a huge deal, just my observation.

You must have a lemon. My Exceler has always been very quiet and smooth.