Sign in to follow this  
retiredbosn

BPS Spring Classic reel trade in

Got a question for someone who has taken advantage of this program.  I understand that you can trade in a reel during the Spring Sale.  Does anyone know how much they give you for a reel?  I have  a Johnny Morris Signature, that I'm wanting to trade in for another reel.  So I'm just wondering if it worth the trip.  Thank you in advance.

It does not matter what reel you trade in, it matters what reel you are trading in for. The more expensive the reel you are purchasing the more you will get taken off. I have not traded any in but have had some friends do it. Lets say you are trading in a Johnny Morris for a BPS Extreme, you will get the same price for the Extreme as you would if say you were trading in a Abu Garcia Revo S.

Bring your plastic pushbutton reels to BPS. Offer everything else to the forum here, or ebay.

For sure-you will not get anywhere near full value for a reel like that-the program is designed to harvest cheapies. I couple years ago they were reconditioning them and donating them to kid's fishing groups. I don;t know about now

Give up my Zebco's?

Never!!!

I didn't know anything about the program a couple of years ago.  I was purchasing a reel and the salesman had me buy a $4 reel first take it to costomer service to get voucher and bam $50 off.

only give up old reels that you are sure nobody would want.