Sign in to follow this  
triwbass

Shimano cruxis reel

anybody got one likes or dislikes,,,,,hows it compare to maybe a revo s,,,,is it a low profile reel.......overstock.com has them for 75.00 and well i bought my first two shimanos in 09 a curado e5 and a sahara 3000 and love them ,,,,thanks for replies and help ?

the cruxis sucks in my opinion.  It's too big for me.  I bought mine in March and tried to get used to it, but like I said it felt really wide, and so I sold it.  For $75 you can get a revo s or something similar.  Just don't waste your time with this reel.  As far as mechanics go, it is pretty smooth, but I just wasn't comfortable with it.

I think they are pretty close to the same size and frame as the curado200dhsv.  they have an identical profile at least.  I bought 3 of them from academy for gifts this year.  they were on sale for 39.99.  I thenk they're a decent reel.  has a lot of features that the higher end reels have.  but yeah it is kind of big.

I looked at some of them and they seem to be very nice reels.  Of course there are better but if you get them at a deal like $40 as the last guy did then you really got a bargain.  At $75 they're still OK.  Only $99 when new and retail priced originally though.