Sign in to follow this  
okiefisher8

Revo Premier vs Skeet Reese

I am looking at picking up either a premier or a skeet reese revo at the bps spring classic.  I plan on using it for shallow-mid cranks and lipless cranks.  Just wanted to get your opinion on the pros and cons of each and which you guys think I should go with.

Thanks

The Skeet Reese Revo is built off of a Premier frame. Last years model had a centrifical braking system as opposed to a magnetic on the premier. The handle was also longer on the Skeet. Basicallly if you choose to get the Skeet you are paying more for a few extra bearings all in the handle area and the yellow color accents. The extra bearings in the handle may make the reel a bit smoother than the Premier. If you are buying the new 2010 models they both have an upgraded drag rated at 20lbs which is awsome. I have a premier as well as a STX and I absolutely love both however I also own a Curado 200e and if I were you I would just get the Curado and save myself like 70-80 bucks. The Curado is really sweet and just as smooth if not smoother than my revo's.