Sign in to follow this  
steezy

New for 2010 - DAIWA Z 2020SH - MagForce 3D

It's made for big baits/swimbaits and light saltwater use.

Not according to all the videos I watched, its a bass reel using very common lures.

looks like Daiwa's attempt to make a Core Mg

yah i think its along the lines of a low profile royoga (sp?). looks like it holds about 100yrds of 20lb test, so my guess is a heavy duty deal kinda like revo toro (low profile but big reel performance). with that salt barrier thing probably for some salty stuff too

way to rich for my blood though. lol does kinda look like a core

Not according to all the videos I watched, its a bass reel using very common lures.

I would not pay 630 dollars for a reel weighing almost 10 ounces. For a high dollar reel for normal techniques I'd expect the weight to be light. Unless Jake is right then that would make sense.

looks like Daiwa's attempt to make a Core Mg

Except almost double the price?  ::D

Can this thing do 300 dollars worth more than the Core? Haha I mean it weighs almost twice as much as the Core, what exactly are you paying the extra 300 for?!

I think they are trying to compete with the Shimano Calais DC reel, its almost 9 oz.

It appears the MagForce 3D brake system on the Daiwa Z 2020SH is attempting some of the same magic as the digital control of the Shimano Calais DC.

It doesn't mean that you can't use normal lures with it. But judging by the line capacity and the size, it is similar to the discontinued Daiwa Big Bait Special.

The spool release is departure from Daiwa's usual setup they've been using for years. It really looks like a Shimano, from the yoke posts down to the clutch trip.

Single drag pad says to me its not for light lines. Corrosion resistant internals as well, which adds up to inshore saltwater duty.

Yeah, looks like a "Bob" but probably more intended for heavy baits.

The gear box is big. Looks like it has a lot of torque similar to shimanos HEG. I like it but for that price I will stick to the curado 301 for swimbaits/inshore.

Daiwa's answer to the Revo Toro ,Revo Toro Winch and the Shimano Curado 300e .it is 1 oz. lighter than the toro and curado 300 but that could never justify spending 300 more dollars (more than twice the cost )