Sign in to follow this  
Clyde

Shimano Chromica B anyone??

While I am not really in need of a reel does anyone own one of these? I mean its Shimano right. I am a huge fan of there stuff. Its priced right for a weekend warrior like me. Its got centrifugal breaking that I have not really seen in reels in that price range. Anyway just wondering.

I've never used one.  I'm a Citica and Curado user.  Hopefully, someone else has some experience with the Chromica.

I'm a college student that picked up fishing (again) about 1 1/2 years ago...I wanted a Loomis, so I spent all my money on a 7' MH GreenWater and decided on a Chromica to match it up with. A year and a half later, this is still the only set up I own. The Chromica is an unbelievable $80 reel, and I have a feeling I'm going to be blown away when I upgrade to a Citica or Curado. I fish mostly fresh, but I bought the set up for salt too. It's handled a 9lber as well as Reds fishing top water. My best friend has a 3 yr old Crestfire ($50 reel) that hasn't had a single problem. You cant go wrong with Shimano. Hope this helps.

I won one.  I gave it to a kid who was starting out.  One bearing only.  You can do much, much better for the money. I would not suggest this reel if you have to pay for it. I would hate to see you disappointed.

Good shopping.