Sign in to follow this  
KYbass1276

Just ordered a new rod

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_100233_100002002_100000000_100002000_100-2-2

Just ordered a shimano Cumara rod   7'2" m xf   Although I haven't decided yet which reel I'm going to put on it,  I know I'm going to use this rod and what ever reel I pick for shaky head.   This will be my first shimano rod, I hope there reputation proceeds them like their reels do.

I feel pretty sure that you will be very happy with it.

Ironically I will probally be putting a daiwa fuego on it.  Not a bash aginst shimano or anything I like their reels I own some and they have performed flawlesly for me.  That said I have some Daiwa reels that I'm fond of too.  I like to sample different flavors from time to time.  Right now my flavor is daiwa.    This will be my first spinning rig as well.  I have always been a baitcast man. 

I recently bought a casting Cumara CUC-72MH. They are definitely sweet rods. It was my first shimano rod as well. You're gonna love it.

Can't beat that warranty either.  :)

There's nothing I can say. Shimano rods left me speechless after using them. Well, maybe I do have something to say...

When I first saw my brother-in-law with 7 Compres, all I could think about was how much money those costed and how many more rods I could have bought for what he paid and even saved money on top of it. Since then he's bought even more. I think he now has about 10.

Then I saw how they performed for him and I got tempted to get one. Still took a while to take the plunge (for me a $100 rod was a lot of money, much less the $230 Cumara price). Finally got one of the Compres and WOW was the only thing I could think after that. Then I got another one to go with the first and now have plans for at least 2 more still. Now I compare every single rod I touch to the Compre and if it's inferior I lose interest in it immediately. Lately I've been thinking about the Crucials too.

In short, your'e gonna love that Cumara. And as for me, it's gonna take a LONG time before I think about any other rods that don't say Shimano on them.

Who needs G-Loomis?? ;D :);)

I bought a Shimano Cumara 7' MedFast Reaction rod a few months ago and put a Shimano Core 50 MG reel on it. Made a very nice combo and very lightweight. Great for shallow cranks and rat-L-traps.  Sold it last month cause I didnt fish it much, the buyer got a sweet deal.