Sign in to follow this  
airborne_angler

Anyone know about Daiwa Millionaire reels?

I just picked up a Daiwa Millionaire 4HM(Blue) and wanted to know if anyone knew anything about these?

Questions Id like answered are:

What the ratio on this reel?

What kind of line capacity does this reel have?

How old might this reel be?

Whats the rating for this reel as far as lure size and such(is this a light,medium or heavy duty reel?)

Any other general info on this reel would be great...Thanks!!

You may have a Millionaire from the late 70's to early 80's. IIRC, the Millionaires came in 2 versions. The blue ones were the slightly cheaper ones and the silver ones (or maybe they were bronze??) were the more expensive ones by around $10-20. At the time, a friend and I were Garcia 5000 series round reel users. The Daiwa reels came out and we each bought one of the Blue ones to try them out. They weren't the best of reels. They lasted about a season and a half when they both became rough to reel and noisy. Lubing only partially helped. I think my friend still has his blue one stuffed away somewhere.

Or

It could be a later version made in the late 80's and beyond.  A picture would really help.  

That's the newer, or 80's version of the reel I had.  Mine had the spool tension adjustment knob on the palm plate.  I can't imagine the reel being much more than a 5.3:1 ratio.  Check the Garcia 5500 C3 for line capacity as the 2 reels are very similar.  

Guest beowulfx71

I have a bronze 5H from the 80s, its almost the same reel as the 2005 model abu 5000s I have, only a little nicer and smoother casting. 5.3 to 1 gears, 2 ball bearings...very good reel.

Now the newer blue millionaire 250 I have is junk, not in the same league as the 20yr old reel.

I've daiwa millionaire 4hm high-speed reel I'm looking Owner's manual for that, Anybody knows about this owner's manual please let me know.

Thanx alot