Sign in to follow this  
bear7625

Abu-Garcia Ambassadeur Reels

I still have 4 or 5 ambassadeur reels that I have hung onto over the years. Not to many bass fisherman use the round style reel anymore. I have a small 2500C that I still use when I fish certain top water baits. There is a guy that keeps bugging me to sell it to him. I don't think this model is made any longer. Does anyone have any info on this reel?

Nice little reel, I have one that I retired and sits in the china hut on display. A lot of variables as to what it may be worth. What shape is it in, what year, do you still have the box/case and papers? They can be had from anywhere around $50 up to a couple of hundred. If it were in good shape I would keep it and tell your buddy to find one on e-bay. They can be had.

ABU no longer lists the 2500 series among their current models. There are several different 2500c schematics. There is a limited edition reproduction that sells for $279. While the new low profile reels get the most attention, many people still like and use the round reels.

ABU no longer lists the 2500 series among their current models. There are several different 2500c schematics. There is a limited edition reproduction that sells for $279. While the new low profile reels get the most attention, many people still like and use the round reels.

still a huge fan of the 4500 - 4600 series for heavy jigs and big swim baits.

on a side note, these are also very, very user friendly when learning to use a bait caster.

Thanks for the info. I still have the paperwork and the reel is in great shape. I don't plan on selling it and probably will retire it along with my 5000A in its leather case. I must be a pack rat, I can't seem to let go of anything when it comes to fishing equipment.

There is a large and rather hard core group of collectors of Garcia Ambassadeurs and the 2500 would be one of the more desirable models depending on condition along with exact model/year. That can be found via the number stamped on the bottom of the reel foot. Check the vintage reels section of Ebay to get a more accurate idea of the reels value.