Sign in to follow this  
maineman

St. croix avid help

Ok i bought a shimano symetre 2500, the most i ever payed for a reel ! Now i have the money saved up for the avid avs70mf,the most i ever payed for a rod!will i be getting a lesser rod if i go with a 2 -piece rod .I have only owned 2-piece cheaper rods so when i transport them in my car it has no problem(corolla). The pickup is no problem .I pretty shore if i am care full i can fit a one piece 7 ft. in the car.Whats your thoughts ? Which would you buy? Thanks! :-?

definitely the 1 piece. you should never buy a 2 piece unless you absolutely have to. you want to have the best sensitivity possible, and if you are spending the most you have ever spent on a rod, you should not waste the money on a 2 piece.

1 piece for sure. The 7' MF is a great all-around stick. If you are going to throw a lot of weightless plastics, jigs, and tx rigs then you could also look at the 6'8 MXF. Either way you will love your new setup.  :)

The 1 piece for sure and the 6' 8" MXF rod is an awesome rod.  I prefer it over the 7' MF any day.

Later, :)

One piece,I have an avid and fits perfectly in most cars. You want the most sensitivity and one piece will provide that.

The 1 piece for sure and the 6' 8" MXF rod is an awesome rod. I prefer it over the 7' MF any day.

Later, :)

X3

If a one-piece 6'8" MXF will fit in this car, it'll fit in anything.

0518081150_0001.jpg

I'm not truly convinced that a one piece is drastically more sensitive than the same rod in a two piece version but if possible, I'd go with the one piece. In the case of a Corolla, it's definitely possible. Put the back seat down or rest the handle in the back seat and put the tip between the seats up into the front seat or dash.