Sign in to follow this  
The Bass Man 2

Shimano curado or Pluger Patriach

after using both id go with the patriarch

Having owned both for a while now, I say Patriarch. They're both great reels, but the Patriarch just feels better to me.

after using both id go with the patriarch

Having owned both for a while now, I say Patriarch. They're both great reels, but the Patriarch just feels better to me.

Does the Patriarch cast worms good.

You'd have to be a little more specific. What kind of worms, and are you talking about weighted or weightless?

I haven't noticed a casting difference between the two with a 7" PowerWorm, 3/0 EWG, and 1/8 oz worm weight. I've never compared the two with a Senko, but since a 5" Senko weighs the same as the aforementioned 7" PowerWorm, 3/0 EWG, and 1/8 oz worm weight, there shouldn't be a difference.

My 200E7 is mounted on my dedicated spinnerbait rod. My Patriarch handles all of my soft plastics...well, all of the ones I toss with BC gear anyway.

Won't make any difference.  But Curado is gooder than Flooger.

Won't make any difference. But Curado is gooder than Flooger.

To each his own, but I'd trade my Curado for a Patriarch 7.1 without a hesitation. It's a great reel, but I prefer the Pflueger. 

Won't make any difference. But Curado is gooder than Flooger.

To each his own, but I'd trade my Curado for a Patriarch 7.1 without a hesitation. It's a great reel, but I prefer the Pflueger.

I see  A LOT of used reels....they fall short in the durability dept.

Entirely possible...

but I still prefer the Patriarch. :)

patriarch HANDS DOWN!!  Better cast control, smoother and just plain out a better reel.  IMO, it blows the curado away.  I don't have much experience with the curado, cause I bought one last year and had it a month before I decided it couldn't compete with the patriarch and sold it and bought another patriarch.  Take good care of it and it will last a long time.

I own 5 SHIMANO DC reels and 1 Curado reel and the PLUGER PATRIACH BLOWS AWAYS the Curado, I have 4 Patriach reels and they are as smooth and will cast the same as my Daiwa Steez  !!!!!!

Curado!    This is turning into one of those old Miller Lite Commericals.  "tastes great, less filling, Shimano Curado, Pfluger Patriach"  Hahahah

Well man reels are just all anyones opinion. And you can see that i am a shimano fisherman. but i got a few curado and i really like em. i have fished with a pluger president before and let me tell u it was a fine reel. and the patriarc is probably better than th pres. but i recomend the curado. the thing about it it comes with 2 sets of brakes so you can adjust to watever u wanna throw.

Patriarch.  All aluminum construction.  Dual braking.

I've owned them for 2 years now with zero complaints. Best reel I've ever thrown and that includes the opportunities to use Shimano reels.