Sign in to follow this  
wisconsin heat

reviews for this reel

any1 used the abugarcia promax? id like the revo s, but if this reel gets good reviews i dont see why i have to.

thanks

Of late, I've been trying many "budget reels". In my opinion, a graphite framed bait caster is not worth considering. If you want a reel that will last any considerable amount of time on the water; I suggest you go with an aluminum frame. One of my personal favorites -ducks head- is the BPS Extreme OR Pro Qualifier. Both of these reels are on sale right now. It may cost a little more to get a nice reel, but if it lasts you longer-- then it really is cheaper. Let us say you buy a Pro Max for eighty dollars and it lasts for 2-3 years it averages to 40-25ish a year. Let us now consider a Revo S (or Citica if Road Warrior sees this) at around one-hundred dollars. If the Revo lasts 5 years (it should longer with proper care) That averages to 20 dollars a year. Now, I know that one-hundred dollars isn't the MSRP of the Revo S, but I've seen many at that price. Now, not only is an aluminum bodied reel most cost effective in the long run, but they are, as a rule smoother and better casting. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :-?

Get the BPS Extreme. On sale for $59.99 right now during the Spring Classic.

any1 used the abugarcia promax? id like the revo s, but if this reel gets good reviews i dont see why i have to.

thanks

If you can squeak an extra $15-20 look at the Orra SX   8-)

I bought one of these when they first came out. It would cast a good distance but it sounded like it was going to fly into a million pieces on the cast. The thumbar wouldn't re-engage every time when I started reeling. Took the line off and returned it for a refund.

I bought one of these when they first came out. It would cast a good distance but it sounded like it was going to fly into a million pieces on the cast. The thumbar wouldn't re-engage every time when I started reeling. Took the line off and returned it for a refund.

Obviously you got a hold of a bad one, but I wouldn't quit so easily on a real that has the same basic components and make up of it's well established brothers.

Obviously you got a hold of a bad one, but I wouldn't quit so easily on a real that has the same basic components and make up of it's well established brothers.

bet a dollar he got a shimano  :;)

bet a dollar he got a shimano ::)

Yep, then a Daiwa, then a Quantum. And they all funtioned perfectly right out of the box ;)