Sign in to follow this  
Crawlin46

Curado 200e Bearing Sizes

Am going to put some badass bearings in mine and would like to know if anyone knows the sizes.  I would prefer not to tear it all down to measure them and have it sit apart until I get them.  So if anyone knows that would be greatly appreciated.

No need to replace the bearings, just soak them in solvent to remove the factory grease, and oil with one drop of Bantam Oil. You'll be able to cast farther than you can set the hook.  But I believe they are 3x10x4, off the top of my head.

No need to replace the bearings, just soak them in solvent to remove the factory grease, and oil with one drop of Bantam Oil. You'll be able to cast farther than you can set the hook. But I believe they are 3x10x4, off the top of my head.

Right on both counts.

We don't really "need" to use new high modulus graphite rods, magnesium framed reels, and flourocarbon line either do we? ;D  These are all things to help enhance the fishing experience in my opinion - not unlike upgrading spool bearings!  Personally, I like changing out stock spool bearings to help maximize the performance of my reels.  I am convinced that a high quality spool bearing absolutely improves the performance of my casting reels.  The Shimano Curado E uses 2 3x10x4 spool bearings BTW! 8-) 

We don't really "need" to use new high modulus graphite rods, magnesium framed reels, and flourocarbon line either do we? ;D These are all things to help enhance the fishing experience in my opinion - not unlike upgrading spool bearings! Personally, I like changing out stock spool bearings to help maximize the performance of my reels. I am convinced that a high quality spool bearing absolutely improves the performance of my casting reels. The Shimano Curado E uses 2 3x10x4 spool bearings BTW! 8-)

Thanks!  Yea, I get a pretty good discount from boca from the hobby store I used to work at so I figure why the hell not.  Not to mention I'm the type that doesn't like to leave anything "stock" so to speak..lol

I don't really put spool bearings in the same camp as sensitive blanks, premium line, quality bats, etc.  I also like upgrading things on my reels, but the gains are minimal for most guys, and for others create problems.  If you have the means, and access to the parts, go for it.  But also try a fair comparison with properly set up OE bearings, and you'll see what I mean.