Sign in to follow this  
BirdNestBen

new reels at Bass Pro on sale-UPDATE AT BOTTOM OF POST...

Bass Pro Tournament plus Baitcast reel 10bb on sale for $39.99... wanted to know if anyone has used this reel and if it is a good deal....???

Also they have a 10 bb Bass Pro spinning reel for $29.99 and Daiwa Megaforce Plus for $59.94-

leaning towards the Bass Pro Baitcaster, but any info. or feedback is much appreciated...

Thanks. Ben

I briefly used one of those Megaforce reels.  I'd stay away from them if I were you.  I was just totally unsatisfied with it.  Like you said, that spinning reel and baitcaster are new, I haven't used either of them.  Spend the cash and buy a PQ.  You'll be happy with it.

thanks... looked up the Megaforce reel and they had a lot of bad feedback... 

Can't find any info. on the Bass Pro Tournament plus baitcaster, but it looks pretty sweet in the pic...

yeah I looked up that Pro Qualifier reel......sweet looking reel... guess I'll have to save up- $99 is a little out of my range right now......

I think the general consensus of the "BPS Posse" is that the entry level for BPS BC reels is the Extreme...and preferably the PQ if you can spring the extra $.

Stay away from any BPS reels less than an Extreme.

The cheaper BPS stuff does not perfrom well. But the higher end stuff seems very good.

Over the winter I bought two Rick Clunn's and a Pro Qualifier.  I haven't had them out on the water yet, but just sitting and messin' around with the thumb bar, drag, etc.. the Rick Clunn's feel a bit smoother.  Both have the dual braking system.  I do think the PQ is nicer aesthetically speaking though.  Also, If I'm not mistaken, the RC's may be discontinued and selection may now be limited.

Over the winter I bought two Rick Clunn's and a Pro Qualifier. I haven't had them out on the water yet, but just sitting and messin' around with the thumb bar, drag, etc.. the Rick Clunn's feel a bit smoother. Both have the dual braking system. I do think the PQ is nicer aesthetically speaking though. Also, If I'm not mistaken, the RC's may be discontinued and selection may now be limited.

They just renamed the RC to the RCX.

UPDATE- went to bass pro this morning... bought the Pro Qualifier as it was on sale with just a few left for 79.99 special buy... the one for 39.99 didn't seem like 2 good of a reel... and they did have the Rick Clunn reel on a special buy as well........

Also had some Cordell spots for .94 and it was a madhouse trying to get a few, but I bought 4 of those..

Tried to stay in my budget and the bait monkey had his way with me again.... ;)

just bought the 39$ Tourney Plus- after about 50 casts it started making a whirring sound at the spool (just a dry sound)-i noticed no grease at all on the leveler so i assume its bone dry inside. ill keep the reel  for light cranking (and to have an extra combo in the boat). hopefully a shot of hot sauce will eliminate the noise....... (any suggestions?)

BTW- i bought the RC combo last year (7.1:1, on  the 7' MH Spinnerbait rod) before they renamed and re-colored it and I am very happy with it. The reel is super smooth, and the rod is nice too.   

yeah the tournament plus reel would be ok for a spare...  I'd use a touch of reel oil and see if that helps... can't wait to try out the Qualifier reel