Sign in to follow this  
jj2

bps prolite finesse reel

whats your alls opinion on the bps prolite finesse reel its not in there catalog or website anymore was it replaced by the catbon lite

whats your alls opinion on the bps prolite finesse reel its not in there catalog or website anymore was it replaced by the catbon lite

yes

i had all three iterations of the prolite finesse. the B and C versions are great reels...pretty darn close to a daiwa sol in casting performance at half the price.

the carbonlite i have not fished yet so i can't say anything about the perforrmance. but, despite being built on a 10-size frame, it is barely larger than the 05-size prolite finesse and only 0.1 oz. heavier than the last C version. here's a pic of the two (prolite on the left, carbonlite on the right):

nkh3317.jpg

and here's a pic of the carbonlite and my daiwa sol:

nkh3322.jpg

I have a three year old pro lite.  It has been a good reel, but the casting control is nowhere near my Abu Garcia Revo Premire or Curado.  I does not give me the confidence to throw lighter lures.  I mainly got it to get a taste into the low-profile baitcasting reels.

I have the 2009 model ProLite as shown in snoopy2's photo. Great reel - I wish I had bought a few more when BPS was closing them out at $79 last year. It is a bit smaller than the Carbonlite or ProQualifier and palms well. It has dual-braking and can toss light baits in windy conditions. I've got it on an ML rod with 8lb mono and can throw 1/6 oz baits well. One of these days I may put some 6lb mono on it and see how it does at 1/8 oz.

I have 2# 2009. Caught lots of big bass last year with them.

They're easy to fish with all day,light and small. They're easy

to maintain .They're tough  and behave well. One note of caution - these reels need a good quality line. I'm using Suffix Siege 17#. Because of its low memory it works very well. These reels have small light spools and a stiff line with memory will cause you problems example a spinnerbait into the wind.