Sign in to follow this  
scrutch

Johnny Morris Elite Reels

Went to BPS (Portage, IN) on sunday.  had some cash burning a hole in my pocket.  wanted a new crankbait setup and settled on a Johnny Morris Elite signature reel 6.4:1 . paired up with a St. Croix Premier (PGC70MMF) rod.  I really like the balance of this setup.  The reel's a little heavy, which moved the balance point back towards my hand. got $240 in 'em both...Cant find the Johnny Morris Elite reels on BPS's website so I dont know the reg price.  what do u guys think? did I do ok? 

post-25566-130162928253_thumb.jpg

that is last years JME reel , i say you did alright . that reel usaully goes for $219.00 so even if you paid full price for the reel , you got the rod $20.00  ;)

The JME is not shown as a regular in the BPS lineup in the main catalog.  I saw the reels in a flyer I got yesterday at $119.95.  Same as a signature, just weighing less.  The overall profile of the reel is a little larger than say a PQ or a Revo.  Good reels.

the reel retails for 219.99  i got one yesterday it a great real for a really great price.i have a few of them and not one problem yet.