Sign in to follow this  
Craiger12

Carbontex drag washers

I would like to purchase some carbontex drag washers for my new Sol. Where do you recommend getting them from? Also, is it a difficult process to instal them, or would I easily be able to do this on my own?

I use Smoooth Drag for drag parts. If you'd like to schedule a clean/lube I'll swap out the washers whole it's apart. The service costs $16.20 after our BassResource.com disc. I also extend a 10% discount on the parts. PM, email or visit http://www.delawarevalleytackle.com/home if I can help.

Mike

The reel is brand new so I won't be sending it in for a clean/lube until the end of the season. However, this may be the easier way to go when the time comes.

I purchased Carbontex for my TD-Z from Smooth Drag.

http://www.smoothdrag.com/price.html

For the Sol get the Daiwa Baitcaster #1. Also get Cal's Universal Reel & Drag Grease 1 oz.

They were really easy to install in my TD-Z. I think the Sol would be the same. It's easier if you have a proper set of small screwdrivers that won't strip the screws. I picked up a set of 8 Wiha screwdrivers just to service my reels.

Basically, you have to soak the Sol metal washers in naptha (lighter fluid) or acetone to clean them. Let them dry. Then apply a very thin film to the metal washers and the Carbontex washers and install them.

My advice is to head over to the Tackle Tour site and do a search for carbontex. The info on Tackle Tour is superior and more extensive. There's a lot of guys there who have done this upgrade time and again and would be more than willing to help.

Good luck.

Thanks for the help. I went on the Smooth Drag site and had no idea which washers to get for the Sol.

Thanks for the help. I went on the Smooth Drag site and had no idea which washers to get for the Sol.
I have sold tons for the Fuego, Sol, and Viento...

You need Daiwa set #1..

Good Luck & Tight Lines!!!