Sign in to follow this  
BenoBreath

Revo Sx lubrication.

I recently purchased a Revo SX. Is it recommended

to check the lube, before using it, or is it good to go right out of the box?

Thanks

BB

Generally that would be true. I would take the time to put in some better oil and grease on the gears and bearings. It just helps get those parts coated well right out of the gate and then makes it easier to know when to do that regular maintenance.

they are lubed from the factory , you should be good to go till you do your annual service cleaning  :) btw , i have the 7.1:1 lefty version and it is my favorite reel ....

Most reels are heavily lubed at the factory to last as long as possible for the yahoos who buy and then use them without cleaning or lubrication until they fail.  If anything, I would pull the 2 spool end bearings, flush them with solvent and lube them with a good high speed reel oil like Yellow Rocket Fuel, Reel Butter bearing lube, or Quantum Hot Sauce.  A drop of oil in each spool bearing every 2-3 months during the fishing season is a good idea.

I've got a revo sx as well and love it. But I've had it for a year and it is now in need of some maintenance / lube. Does anyone have advice for someone who has never taken a reel apart before? Is it straightforward (mainly I'm worried about getting it back together) or might I be better off finding someone who knows what they are doing?

I've got a revo sx as well and love it. But I've had it for a year and it is now in need of some maintenance / lube. Does anyone have advice for someone who has never taken a reel apart before? Is it straightforward (mainly I'm worried about getting it back together) or might I be better off finding someone who knows what they are doing?

Let me know if I can help: http://www.delawarevalleytackle.com/

Mike