Sign in to follow this  
bigtimfish

Reel reviews/opinions needed

I need opinions on 2 BPS reels. The carbonlite and the pro qualifier. I'm really needing to know which is good for casting smaller sized cranks (strike king series 3 and bandit 200-300 series) for example. If anyone has any expierience with either of the two please fill me in. Thanks.

I have a Carbonlite and threw a Bandit 200 series with it all day last Saturday. Worked great. I have the reel on a Bucoo rod and it is a crazy light combo. I love it. I have no experience with the Pro Qualifier.

I have 5 PQs - great reels for the money - especially when on sale for $80. I will get a couple of Carbonlites later this year when they get production caught up and put them on sale (BPS has had a heck of a time keeping these in stock...).

If you search for PQ or Pro Qualifier in this forum, you'll find lots of threads about the 2009/2010 model of the PQ. There have not been very many posts about the Carbonlite.

On casting lighter cranks - the PQ will have no problem - but remember the other two parts of the equation - line and rod. 10lb test (or lighter) and a medium power fast or moderate action rod will help toss the small cranks.