Sign in to follow this  
Gamec0cks5

My Review of the Abu Garcia Orra SX

Well I wanted to get a new swimbait set-up for the LMBs in my area. I only use 3-5" swimbaits the bass in our current lake are no bigger than 6lbs right now.

So I am a Abu Garcia Revo nut since the first time I casted my buddy's Revo S. So I decided to try out the Orra Sx which was advertised as a close second to the Revo S. I will have to say they were right! The reel is super light and super smooth. The Orra SX has 8 BB compared to the 9 of the Revo S(IIRC). The line capacity is average of any low profile Baitcaster.

Well the next step was to match it up to a rod. I didn't wanna go with a swimbait specfic rod at 7'6" or anything so I went with the CRC70MH Shimano. Which is the Crucial series. I am a shimano nut too. Those are the only spinning reels and rods I'll buy anymore.

I went out and caught a couple small fish on this rod using a spinnerbait and one on a Yum Money minnow in "hitch" color. All in all I would recommend either of these to anyone. I like the fact that the reel was right at $100 too ;).

Here are some pics of my Baby. Well I still love my REVO SX with the TC4 Crucial Cranking Rod 8-)

DSC_0492.jpg

DSC_0488.jpg

DSC_0486.jpg

DSC_0491.jpg

Seems like a great deal at that price point. Doesn't Abu also have a $10 rebate going right now for reals in that price range?

You can add another set of Money Minnows!

Get out some more and tell me more about that Orra.  I picked one up a while back and have been waiting for feedback.  Going to try and get mine up and running in the next few day and give it a test drive.

I've got 2 Orra's, 4 Revo S, and 2 Revo Winch's. I have nothing bad to say about any of them and I can't really tell any difference between the Orra and the Revo S. Both are easy casting, smooth and affordable.

Nice set up...I'm curious, how do you know the biggest bass in your lake is 6 lbs..has the lake been shocked or something..?

Nice set up...I'm curious, how do you know the biggest bass in your lake is 6 lbs..has the lake been shocked or something..?

Yeah we do a population survey every season. I work part time for a lake management company. We do fishery stuff and also weed control. I should have rephrased that we have only gotten a 6.85 as out biggest so far. I bet there are some 7's curising around for sure until the spawn at least. They were stocked June of 2007.

Yeah all in all very impressed with the reel. Of course love the rod too. I am still getting used to this braking system. I am used to using the sx that as just a knob on the side