Sign in to follow this  
iceintheveins

Pro Qualifier BC With Braid

I just ordered a pro qualifier BC reel from BPS. How will this reel peform with 50 pound power pro? I intend to match it with a 7' H action casting rod to use primarly as a frog rod.

Yeah I got the Pro Qualifier reel because it is on sale and it has a very high rating. My next reel will be a Curado, probably this fall when money isn't so tight.

Yeah I got the Pro Qualifier reel because it is on sale and it has a very high rating. My next reel will be a Curado, probably this fall when money isn't so tight.

You may find after using a PQ for a few months that you don't need to spend more for a reel. It is a very good reel. The dual braking is a nice option when the wind is howling. I think you made a good choice. 8-)

You may find after using a PQ for a few months that you don't need to spend more for a reel. It is a very good reel. The dual braking is a nice option when the wind is howling. I think you made a good choice. 8-)

X 10 (I've got 10 PQ's so far and going for 2 more tomorrow-- on sale for $70)

I'm sure it would do fine. Other than it being a BPS reel.

Its funny when I see people dog BPS reels, I have a bunch of PQ and so do a lot of friends of mine, not one of the reels has had problems and they are used more than 1 season.

My Pro Qualifier has 65# Power Pro on it and it casts just great.  I let my brother who NEVER uses baitcasters use it on one of the windiest days, and he was able to cast a weightless senko right into the wind.