Sign in to follow this  
bassking1976

Quantum Burst or Code?

Looking to buy new baitcast for season. Both reels are around same price and in my budget so wondering if anyone had any thoughts or opinions.

Code

I vote for the Code also. I have one and love it. It has a one-piece aluminum frame. The Burst is a graphite composite frame.

I'll vote for the Burst. I've got several of them and I got them for a song. They are a really good reel for the money in my opinion.

Graphite frame aside, two reasons I like the burst are the metal star drag and it seemed smaller and lighter.

These reels are my first low pro's from converting over half of my round reel stock. They just need to last a couple years before upgrading to revos. :)

THanks guys looks like mostly votes for the code.....trust me id like a Revo but theyre all a lil outta my budget range unless there is one out there for under 120  and thats without a rod(lookin to get burst or code as part of combos i saw)  was suggested Shimano Citica so thats another option if i get enough b day money

The burst was my first baitcaster reel,bought it a year and half ago, still works great even after being abused. Iam rough on stuff. I have a code red which i would say is also a great reel for the price.

yeah i have an accurist that still is performing well...totally a quantum guy(every reel is a quantum,mostly spinning)  mixed responses some for code n some for burst   so gonna have to flip a coin

I'm a Quantum guy myself with the Accurist and Energy BC reels and the I would vote for the Code also.

Man this is a tough one.  I have both reels and they both perform flawlessly.

Whichever one you pick you will like it.

THanks guys looks like mostly votes for the code.....trust me id like a Revo but theyre all a lil outta my budget range unless there is one out there for under 120 and thats without a rod(lookin to get burst or code as part of combos i saw) was suggested Shimano Citica so thats another option if i get enough b day money

Since you brought it up, Americanbassoutlet.com has both the Revo S and the Citica for $109.  They are also a sponsor here.

looks like im gonna go with code.....two combos to choose from one with 7' MH and other 6'10 MH w/xposed handle  so thats my next decision  lol

THanks guys looks like mostly votes for the code.....trust me id like a Revo but theyre all a lil outta my budget range unless there is one out there for under 120 and thats without a rod(lookin to get burst or code as part of combos i saw) was suggested Shimano Citica so thats another option if i get enough b day money

Since you brought it up, Americanbassoutlet.com has both the Revo S and the Citica for $109. They are also a sponsor here.

I had a Code for less than a week before returning it and buying a Citica, I now have 3 Citicas and 1 Curado!!!

id get the code with that 6'10" rod with the split grips.... jmho

yep thats the way im leanin, its a dicks so im headin out in next couple days   mixed reviews on it so well see