Sign in to follow this  
MattinOK

Shimano Clarus Warranty

I was looking at the Shimano Clarus spinning rods. They really look nice for the $$$. The only thing I want to know is how good is shimano's rod warranties? I know it has a limited lifetime, but how good is it? Thanks much

Matthew Luce

just as you said , its a limited lifetime. warranties against manufacturers defects. some shops have an over the counter exchange others dont. worst case , you have to send it into shimano to receive a new one. i dont understand you asking how good it is though... :-?

the clarus is one of , if not  , the best rod in its price range. i love mine.

Sorry, after reading my post I can tell my question wasn't clear. Have you ever had to use your warranty? How easy was it? Did you have good communication both ways. Things like that.

Sorry, after reading my post I can tell my question wasn't clear. Have you ever had to use your warranty? How easy was it? Did you have good communication both ways. Things like that.

ive never had to use any warranty service with any of my fishing gear. i do recall a member or two doing so and posting about it when we had the shimano sub-forum and they were pleased with the process.

i would imagine with a company as successful as shimano , the process would be quick and painless.

If you buy a Shimano rod from your local tackle shop ot BPS..doesn't matter, Save the recipt, if you need to replace it, take to where you bought it, along with the reciept, and they will do an over the counter replacement, but only if it's an authorized Shimano dealer.

i have a clarus spinning rod 7' ml/fast with a quantum incyte reel on it. this is one of the nicest and most comfortable/sensitive rods i own.  not the most expensive... but nicest. i use it for drop shot and shaky heads. sometimes senkos.

8-)

you will be happy with that rod and probably never ever need the warranty.

If you buy a Shimano rod from your local tackle shop ot BPS..doesn't matter, Save the recipt, if you need to replace it, take to where you bought it, along with the reciept, and they will do an over the counter replacement, but only if it's an authorized Shimano dealer.

as far as i know , BPS doesnt carry the clarus.

do you really need the receipt for the OTC exchange?

I was using bps as an example as they do carry some Shimano rods. And yep, it's always a plus to retain your reciept.. :)