Sign in to follow this  
njbasser

Rainbow Trout Pattern Lures

Do you guys use rainbow trout pattern lures with any success? The lake I fish was stocked with rainbows a few weeks ago, and opens for fishing on Saturday, so I was thinking about using some of the rainbow trout jerkbaits that I have, but have never used. Thanks.

I have a few rainbow trout swimbaits.. :)

I have a couple spinnerbaits that have the willow blades painted in a trout colored patteren..

Do you guys use rainbow trout pattern lures with any success? The lake I fish was stocked with rainbows a few weeks ago, and opens for fishing on Saturday, so I was thinking about using some of the rainbow trout jerkbaits that I have, but have never used. Thanks.

Yes, I use rainbow trout patterns with good success ...... where bass have never seen and will never see a trout.

i , like a quite a few people , throw trout patterned swimbaits with success , as for small crankbait sized lures , in my experience , i have not done so good on them unless they kinda resemble shad . so "if you got em' , throw em' "  ;D

what i'm saying is that if you have them , why not just throw them and see if the bass in the waters you fish react to them . i think bass will more likely like or dislike the action of the lure than the color , just my thoughts  :)

Yes, I use rainbow trout patterns with good success ...... where bass have never seen and will never see a trout.

X2 , i have caught bass on trout patterned Spro BBZ-1 8" swimbaits in a small lake that has never been stocked with trout ....

Thanks guys, looks like I'll try 'em out this weekend.

And I just realized that I posted this in the wrong forum, so if a mod could move it that would be great.  :-[