Sign in to follow this  
retiredbosn

I just crossed to the Dark Side!!! Bought my first Shimano

Can't believe it, but after thoughrough research I laid down my hard earned money on a Curado E5 for crankbaits.  I purchased this one due to the massive line capacity of the Winch, I've had problems with Abu's and lighter weight baits.  The smallest crank I throw is 5/16 ounce, and can throw it on most of my reels, but the Abu's won't do it efficiently.  The Garcia would throw it but not far and it took a lot of practice to become proficient.  If this Curado doesn't do the job, I'm calling Kent, Burley and the rest of the possee.  lol. 

I only have 1 now (Citica D) since I try to buy everything on sale, but I plan to add a Curado by the end of summer, when I will hopefully have enough money. Fishing's an addiction. :-/

I only have 1 now (Citica D) since I try to buy everything on sale, but I plan to add a Curado by the end of summer, when I will hopefully have enough money. Fishing's an addiction. :-/

fishing is not an addiction, it's just a hobby.  ;D

njbasser. you can buy curados any time on ebay for around 145 bucks shipped. New 2010 models.

retiredbosn ,

I've got a couple of each. I haven't ever tried to throw super light cranks with my Winch's so can't comment on your problem with that. I use the two Winch reels I have on my 7.3ft and 7.6ft crankbaits rods that I use for deep divers. My two E5's are used on  6.6ft and 7.0ft rods used for small/med cranks, lipless and jerkbaits. This system has worked out great for me.

You'll love your new E5! Great reel!!!

Does buying a curado on ebay affect getting warranty work done if necessary..?

Nope

Got one about a month ago and it came with a one year warranty which is standard anywhere u buy it

i just got my 200E7 off ebay and it had a full warranty, just make sure the seller is certified to sell shimano by shimano.