Sign in to follow this  
rgbaseball

symetre messing up!!!

i was out last night getting in some early trout fishing when all of a sudden my reel starts acting up like it doesnt want to reel smooth. i came home to open it up and i find that what i believe to be my water seal gasket is all broken up?? what should i do i took out the pieces but does this effect it???

I'm not sure whether you're referring to the friction ring behind the rotor or something else. Whatever the case, I don't suggest running any reel with missing parts. If you'd like to send it in, I'll clean it up and diagnose the problem and we can take it from there. Visit us here:http://www.delawarevalleytackle.com/. You can also PM or call 973-459-2835.

Mike

i think that may be what it is what is the purpose of this? it just all of a sudden started dragging and it made for a miserable last hour of fishing..

If that ring has dried up and cracked, chances are the rest of the reel would benefit from a thorough once-over.

How old is this Symetre? I have two; one is 5 years old, the other is 3 years old. Haven't hand any problem with either of them. I have my reels clean and re-lubed every winter by a competent reel mechanic in my neck of the woods however. I also have 3 Saharas with nary a problem as well. These are even older!

it is about 3 years old i know that is probably the problem i always worry about tearing it down to clean and lube and not being ab le to get it back together... any help with the tear down and reassemble process is appreciated.. thanks guys