Sign in to follow this  
acmaul13

Abu revo sx question

Hey all I just got an revo sx on e-bay for $130 NIB.My quandry is I just started to use a baitcaster last year(shimano citica)and feel fairly proficiant with it.Revo has a mag brake system that is different than the citica>I'm unsure as to how I should set this reel.Any tips,ideas,suggestions as to set the brakes.

Thank ya much in advance,

ac

My SX I have the brakes set about 1/4 the way on and use my spool tension to work it out. I mainly through crankbaits on mine. I get it so that they fall very slow when I release the spool or so the don't fall at all. I hope this helps :-/

I have both these. If you are proficient with the Citica then the Revo should be easy enough! I never have my brake set more than 1/4 of the way, and I adjust the spool tension for each new lure. Works like a charm! The Revo SX is my favorite, I became familiar with it faster than any of my others. Enjoy! :o

Turn the magnetic brake off, set the spool tension as suggested earlier and then set the brake to about 1/2 way. Test cast and adjust from there. The main difference with a magnetic brake is that it slows the spool at the end of the cast for less over-run. Enjoy!

I have both these. If you are proficient with the Citica then the Revo should be easy enough! I never have my brake set more than 1/4 of the way, and I adjust the spool tension for each new lure. Works like a charm! The Revo SX is my favorite, I became familiar with it faster than any of my others. Enjoy! :o

I agree I love my SX and I became super familar with it quick

Turn the magnetic brake off, set the spool tension as suggested earlier and then set the brake to about 1/2 way. Test cast and adjust from there. The main difference with a magnetic brake is that it slows the spool at the end of the cast for less over-run. Enjoy!

Yup. x2.  You'll love the SX.

I sleep with my  Revo SX and Stradic CI4 every night.

I have the break set about half way and adjust the tension knob depending on the weight I'm throwing.

I have yet to have a major backlash and by no means am I a good baitcaster.