Sign in to follow this  
Carrot_Stix

Cheap Fluorocarbon....???

I am in a pinch financially and can not afford to buy good fluorocarbon like I used to.

I usually buy Seaguar for all of my Fluorocarbon needs. It ain't cheap (20-24$ for 200 yd spool, abrazx and invizx).

But financially, I want to go cheaper. Like around $10-$15 for 200-250 yd spool.

Looking at Vicious Fluorocarbon. Only $10-$15 on *** for 250 yd spool.

Is Vicious line any good? Any experiences? Pros and Cons? Comparisons to other brands (Seaguar)?

Thanks

I know what you mean about being on a budget. I will recommend Cabela's hi-viz. It is relatively comparable to Invizx and I am an invizx fan who doesn't like the sting of its price. I have found no viz to be comparable at least in the 6# test that I use. The best thing for you is that a 200 yd spool if Cabela's line is $9.99. 'nuff said.

I know people hate on it, but i only use vanish. I have never had a problem with it and i will keep using it until i have a problem.

I only use Seaguar but I have a friend who swears by the Vicious.  I have never used it but I am planning on giving it a try.

Later, ;)

I'm using Vicious 6# test on a spinning set up for basically shallow cranks and treble hook lures. So far it has been pretty good with KVD sprayed on it. This time of the year the lakes and reservoir are ranging from gin clear to murky and stained and the line has been great. It's has a little line memory but the KVD takes care of that and it's nice and strong. This is my first time using Fluoro and I'm impressed with Vicious

Seaguar Red Label is very inexpensive and works well.

Bpro XPS, when on sale, is also very inexpensive and works well.

X 2 ;)

seaguar is all I use. It's kind of expensive, but now as expensive as tatsu or braided line right?

I find braided line with a fluoro leader to be a cheaper alternative than straight fluoro because braid doesn't need to be respooled as often as nylon lines generally do.

whatever you do dont go with sufix flurocarbon!! that line is the worst fluro ive ever used and i have used them all!

I've been using 6lb Vicious since the beginning of winter. So far, I like it! It is limp and manageable and so far I've had no breakage or abrasion issues. I can't speak for the heavier tests but you should give it a shot. If you hate it, it only cost you $6.

I've been using some BPS XPS fluro, and like it pretty well. I'm also using InvisX and AbrisX. The XPS is on my spinning reel. I can't say it's worse or better (different uses and pound) than the Seagur. But hey, I'm no expert either.

I know people hate on it, but i only use vanish. I have never had a problem with it and i will keep using it until i have a problem.

X2

I like it too but I don't think it's really fluorocarbon.  It works great for visibility issues but I don't think it sinks like true fluoro so if that's why you're using fluoro, it won't make you happy.