Sign in to follow this  
247bassin

Berkley Amp Rod

I fished a tournament at Kentucky Lake this past weekend and wanted to fill everybody in on some of the equipment that I was using.  I recently bought a BPS Crankin Stick and wanted something ato use as a backup in case something happened to my Crankin' Stick.  I was running low on money and decided to pick up another Berkley Amp rod.  I already had one that is a 7' medium action that I use for a worm rod.  I decided to get another in a 6'6" version with the same action for a backup crankbait rod.  I was had one tied on and decided to throw that color.  I was more than suprised at the outcome.  I never missed a fish with the Amp.  It was excellent! 

For $30 it would be hard to beat that rod for a backup crankbait rod (in my opinion).  Just thought that I would let everyone know that the Amp is a much better rod than what I had thought that it would be.

i bought 3 amp rods for christmas...broke all them within minutes of each other tightining my reels on them....

I was a little worried about the reel seat when I first got them, but after catching a bunch of fish on them, I am not worried anymore.  One thing I did do was to not tighten the reel down as tight as I do on some other rods.  They do look a little flimsy, but I have had no problems.

yea...i guess i shouldent have put a death lock on it but i was disapointed to say the least....i took them back and they had no problem giving my money back so thats good at least