Sign in to follow this  
Chris at Tech

anyone use Lake Fork FHP line?

Does anyone have any experience with Lake Fork FHP line?

I'm tempted to give it a try, if for no other reason then one spool is actually enough for 2 reels full ;)

I fish braid on about 50% of my rigs..and FC on most others out of my 25 rigs that have a spot on the boat every week.. only 2 have mono.. I fish mainly Sunline Shooter or Toray Super hard as my FC lines.. My dad bought a spool of this from a local gander mout. on sale for like 11 dollars one if (12#/17#) and one in (14#/20#) it is VERY strong for its Dia. and handles abrasion really good but IMHO this line is ONLY for BC reels (Idont fish spinning reels anyhow) it is very stiff and doesnt cast good at all and tons of memory even when treated with KVD L&L... I do use it on one reel now I got in spooled on a TD-Z Type R/Daiwa Steez Compile-X Flipping Rod 8' Hvy that I use for punching thick mats.. I will like the toughness of the line and hardly ever have to retie and being totally truthful its close to as sensitive as braid when you only have 10-40 feet of line out now of course the more line out the less sensitive it will become but with close range apps it has tons of feel and  is tough... I caught a 4LB pickrel on it and the had the space monkey DEEP in his mouth and his teeth was all over the line and it didnt even nick the line up... I retied just because I couldnt believe it but the line felt like it was perfectly in tack! all in all its a great flipping line.... it may be a good deep cranking line to with large heavy crank baits to I cant speak for that tho... I can say its a really good flipping pitching and punching line! I had the 12/17 on a Steez 103H mounted on a Megabass F3 1/2-65GTC Hien Type-S for shallow cranks and it was just far to stiff and tons of memory and was unuseable for that app.

it could be a really good mid size swim bait line as well! it has little stretch so it will allow solid hook sets even at the end of a long cast.

Guest beowulfx71

FLW magazine just had an article on this line in their tested section-they liked the line but said it did not like palomar knots, but Ive heard that about other fluoros too.