Sign in to follow this  
Dan-K

flourocarbon + jerkbaits

Is flourocarbon line acceptable for use with jerkbaits? I have a 6'6" medium BPS pro finesse rod paired with a curado 201e7 that I throw wieghtless plastics and jerkbaits on. I want to spool some trilene 100% flouro on it for reduced visibility and increased sensitivity, but I don't know if it is a good idea for the jerkbaits being a sinking line.

I don't fish with jerkbaits on anything but fluorocarbon. The sinking quality of the line gives you a little more running depth. You should be good to go with that set-up and line for jerkbaits.

Floating or suspending?

I use 12lb XPS Fluorocarbon for suspending jerkbaits, don't fish floating baits much.  Like Lucky Craft Man said, it gives the baits a bit more running depth and helps them get there quicker.

Thanks for the input! I spooled the reel up with 10# trilene flouro tonight, can't wait to hit the water again!

Fluoro is all I use for jerkbaits, but it's as a leader on my superline, whether it's Fireline or Braid.

Should be fine.  I think that suspending jerks have a little better action with fluoro because on the pause, the front of the bait doesn't rise slightly like it would with mono.

"my experience"... both fluorocarbon and mono lines dampen the eratic action of a slash bait significantly  more than a thinner diameter superline.