Sign in to follow this  
CRANKSTER

Reel Grips

Anybody using them?  If so are they worth getting or are they just a gimmick?  Thanks.

Unless you have slick reel handle paddle problems or fish in the rain alot, they are just nice for color coding an outfit.  I have 4 sets but fish in wet weather quite a bit. :)

I absolutely love mine.  I do a lot of kayak and bank fishing and tend to get dirt and such on my fingers and with the reel grips it's like it's not there but without them it feels like rubbing your fingers on sand paper.  Also, it increases the profile of the grip pads and adds a nice soft feel to 'em.  Don't think I'd have a reel without 'em now.  :)

Personally I love em.  Besides the obvious fact that they can match or add color to your rig, it adds alot of grip for wet days or if you have sweaty hands.  For me, alot of handles are thin, so I like something thicker so I like em alot.

Some reels will benefit from them and others won't. Curado and Revo handles are good they way they are, but the Daiwa handles feel better with Reel Grips, IMO.

It just comes down to personal preference I guess.  I like the look of them, but not the feel.  I only use them on Daiwa reels because the handles feel a little slick to me.

I tried them, and hate them.

I just couldn't stand the way they felt, and made the handle so much thicker.

But I know a bunch of people who love them. Just like anything, it's personal preference

I tried them, and hate them.

I just couldn't stand the way they felt, and made the handle so much thicker.

But I know a bunch of people who love them. Just like anything, it's personal preference

Same for me....felt real uncomfortable for me as well.

I have them on 2 reels a core and a chronarch 50mg they are great on those reels.  I had them on a curado 200d and hated them they were huge and uncomfortable.  They are perfect for smaller reels IMO.

I've got them on all of my casting reels. I love them and I think they make my day of fishing more enjoyable, plus they just look cool!

Some reels will benefit from them and others won't. Curado and Revo handles are good they way they are, but the Daiwa handles feel better with Reel Grips, IMO.

It just comes down to personal preference I guess. I like the look of them, but not the feel. I only use them on Daiwa reels because the handles feel a little slick to me.

X2! I use em on my Daiwa's and Quantum's cause the handles feel a lil puny compared to my Revo's. Not because they look cool but to try match the size of my handles. I've fished em in the rain but never noticed any benefits though.

:)