Sign in to follow this  
LAO162

My priorities are messed up...

My priorities are messed up...;)

Instead of looking for a new rod and/or reel, I decided to get a new set of glasses with an updated prescription.  And, this prescription will not be for polarized sunglasses to help watch the line...

The baitmonkey is bummed :)

Instead of looking for a new rod and/or reel, I decided to get a new set of glasses with an updated prescription. And, this prescription will not be for polarized sunglasses to help watch the line...

Setting personal health and well being ahead of fishing gear. Yup god forbid that you can see to get to your favorite fishing hole..

Instead of looking for a new rod and/or reel, I decided to get a new set of glasses with an updated prescription. And, this prescription will not be for polarized sunglasses to help watch the line...

Just think , you'll be able to see what you've been missing.

My current glasses are actually more than adequate, but I'm quite particular about my senses.  I'm getting a new set with a new prescription that tweaks the old one.  My purpose is really to have a new set just for vacation.  This new set will slightly improve distance at the sacrifice of closeness.  Because my other glasses and progressives with new prescription are better for work, I'm considering this pair to come from disposable income ;)  I have, however, considered getting new sunglasses with bifocals so it is easier to ties 6 lb line :)

For the last 6 months I've been saving my disposable income until I had enough for a new rod or reel.  The Baitmonkey was pleased with the arrangement :)  Now, I don't know what to do with the time that I usually allotted to looking for the next bargain.  I guess quality time with Family is a good thing too :) :)

Sometimes it's fun to poke fun at myself and my compulsion to buy gear  ;D

Having a " dress " pair of glasses with a new script is not a good idea if still using your old glasses. One  should have all new or stick with all old, if only slightly changed.  I wear progressives as well but the type of prescription is really irrelevant.