Sign in to follow this  
BucketBuster

Determining Prices?

My parents are having a yard sale in a couple of weeks and I decided I am going to through in some rods and reels that I don't use too often to make a quick buck. Everything is fairly new (nothing older than 10 yrs.), and in very good condition. What are some good prices for used equipment in general? I was thinking 1/5 to 1/10 of the original value. Is this fair for both parties?

I guess it all depends on the brand/quality of the equiptment. If it's high end gear I'd bet that the majority of the people looking probably have no idea what they're looking at. They see it as just a fishing rod. You'd be better off in the trading post. Last year I had a friend sell some of my old gear at his garage sale. All average spinning combos that were 15-20 years old. I priced all the combos at $15each and got at least $10 each. Best thing is it all sold. As far as being fair If you both agree on a price then it's fair.

I guess it all depends on the brand/quality of the equiptment. If it's high end gear I'd bet that the majority of the people looking probably have no idea what they're looking at. They see it as just a fishing rod. You'd be better off in the trading post. Last year I had a friend sell some of my old gear at his garage sale. All average spinning combos that were 15-20 years old. I priced all the combos at $15each and got at least $10 each. Best thing is it all sold. As far as being fair If you both agree on a price then it's fair.

That's what I was afraid regarding brand because they are all name brand equipment, and I do just want to get rid of it. However, I'm not going to be there, so there won't be any negotiating with the buyer. Thanks for the help.

why not sell it here in the flea market?

If its older St Croix rods let me know :)