Sign in to follow this  
Dixon

Snell Knot

Aaron Martens is talking how great this knot is for flurocarbon.  Does anybody use this knot and for what baits?

Any straight shank hook application, from little #10 trout hooks, up to 5/0 BMF hooks.  For braid, just add a few more wraps.

Here's a set of videos by my friend that shows you how to rig a heavy beaver:

http://www.burniehaney.com/blank.html

Tough to tie on a offset worm hook.

I've seen some comments by pros favoring straight hooks over the off-set worm hook. They claim to get better hook-sets.

This is supposedly a long held secret.  Any hook that can be snelled, gets snelled now.  I've been doing it the past two years, and it works great.

Great knot, I do it with any straight shank hook, and I very rarely ever use EWG hooks at all anymore. The knot pops the hook in the roof of the fishes mouth every time. I never thought a knot would make much of a difference, but every d**n hook I take out of the fish is in the roof of their mouth .

i have been having problems with the braid slipping through the eye of the hook and losing fish.  just seen this type of knot the other night and i think this will cure that problem just from the way it anchors to the hook :>

Looking foward to giving this a shot next weekend thanks for the great info J Francho. ;)

Any straight shank hook application, from little #10 trout hooks, up to 5/0 BMF hooks. For braid, just add a few more wraps.

This is also a great knot to use with any turned up eye Circle hook. Thanks for the great link.  ;)

Any straight shank hook application, from little #10 trout hooks, up to 5/0 BMF hooks. For braid, just add a few more wraps.

This is also a great knot to use with any turned up eye Circle hook. Thanks for the great link. ;)

You're welcome.  Any "bent eye" hook is a very good candidate as well.  It's important that you visualize how the line will pull on the hook, so you feed the line through the correct side of the eye.  I first started using these with tiny mosquito hooks for steelhead, after noticing my knots were getting beaten up by current and shale.

Can you use this knot with braided line?

Yes sir. Although berkley braid knot is what I normally use.