Sign in to follow this  
TJHfishin

need help guys going to bass pro on the 3rd

okay so I'm looking for a finesse jig and worm rod i have four picked out. My price range is under a 140 dollars so i was hoping out of these four you guys could help point in the direction of the one that would be most sensitive.

falcon lowrider xg split grip 10-20 LBS

3/16-5/8 OZ  6'10" MH

HANDLE E  LFC-5-1610S

10 GUIDES   

falcon bucoo trigger rod 10-20 LB

3/16 - 5/8 OZ  6'10''

MH  BCC-5-1610

HANDLE B 

Abu Garcia vendetta casting rod 12-20 LB

3/16 - 5/8 OZ  6'6" MH

1-PIECE  VTC66-6

HANDLE B

X-FAST   

Abu Garcia vendetta trigger rod 12-17 LB

3/16 - 5/8 OZ  6'9" MH

1-PIECE  VTC69-6

HANDLE C

FAST 

I'm sorry guys i know its a lot i just wanna make sure i get the right ones or one i just want which one you guys think would be the most sensitive and the best for this application and if u know of a rod that would be better in the price range and thank you guys all comments and opinions are very appreciated and have a safe 4th of July

You can't go wrong with the Lowrider... that's the one I would choose, very sensitive rod and made in the USA. BTW I don't know if you have ever used a split handle rod but some fisherman prefer a full handle. Good luck

PS..if anyone is interested I have a Falcon Original listed in the flea market reasonably priced.

T

i usually do not fish in real heavy cover but even then not I'm not as much worried about being underpowered i just want a sensitive rod for throwing my pro bed bugs and other small finesse jigs and weightless worms. Hope this helps.

i have i own a lot of rods from crucials to carrot stixs but for some reason i still can not feel anything so i figured id go with a technique specific and the falcons offer that so the low rider is very sensitive thank u so much t bird.

I would also go with the Lowrider.  Falcon makes great rods. 

Sorry to put a damper on this, but the store may not even have all of those rods in stock.  I don't know how far your drive is, but you may want to call ahead to see that they have one in stock.

I have a 7ft M Vendetta and a 7ft MH Bucoo, in comparing those two the Bucoo wins very easily. The only caveat I would add is the Bucoo, listed as a MH, feels more like a M.

I don't have a Lowrider so I can't comment on it.

i have not fished any of the ones you've listed so i cannot comment. however, the tackletour review said the vendetta wasn't particularly sensitive, especially for bottom-contact presentations like worms and jigs.

the advice i'd like to offer though is for you to consider a longer rod, say a 7-footer. i remember a time when 5'6" rods were the norm and 6-footers were considered long but nowadays, 6'9" to 7'0" is pretty standard and 6'6" is considered kind of short. the extra inches really help with pitching and with hook sets.

So diffenitly go with the falcons then thank you guys so now its just whether i go with the bucoo or the lowrider xg thank you guys

I would pick the lowrider over the bucoo, but you really need to call the BPS you are going to to make sure they even have those rods in.  The Nashville store hardly has anything besides the house brand rods in stock except for the spring classic.

I think the 6'10" MH split grip Falcon is a rod you will be happy with. very versatile too. you might consider getting it from ***. they will ship it for free, no tax, and you'll have it in a couple of days. I think they are having a July 4th sale too, which would save you 10% or so. I love roaming around BPS, but the one in my area seems to stock alot of inhouse brand rods, and is often out of stock of the other brands' rods. good luck with your choice.