Sign in to follow this  
philsoreel

New Core50 brakes??

My new Core50 should be here tomorrow. Going to be using 12lb. Invizx to throw Bandit 2-300s and Lucky Craft B.D.S 1's. Are the brakes on it going to be favorable or should I try the others that come with it?

Leave the ones that come already installed, the others are heavier and you likely won't need them. Start out with 3 on and 3 off and tweak it from there.

You're going to LOVE that Core!!

Leave the ones that come already installed, the others are heavier and you likely won't need them. Start out with 3 on and 3 off and tweak it from there.

You're going to LOVE that Core!![/quote]

That's what I'm afraid of....I know I'm going to like it so much that I can't stand my other reels.

You're going to LOVE that Core!!

How right you are!

Its just me, but I like mine with 4 on 2 off!  3/3 should be a good start and go from there!  I actually think that's the way they come!

Jeff

That's what I'm afraid of....I know I'm going to like it so much that I can't stand my other reels.

You might as well sell all your other reels now. That Core50 is a great reel. And I also start with 3 on & 3 off then work my way from there.

You might as well sell all your other reels now. That Core50 is a great reel. And I also start with 3 on & 3 off then work my way from there.

It really is user-friendly. New flouro on it and didn't backlash a bit getting dialed in. After I settled on 3 on 3 off and started hammering on it I got a few but got that fixed. That thing is a rocket.

Ordered number 2 and another Cumara this morning. The junkie has crack....I have Shimano :)