Sign in to follow this  
philsoreel

Does the Stradic CI4 come with a suede bag like the Core?

I just got my "new in box" Stradic CI4 in and it has fingerprints all over it and the foam handle looks like it's been used. Maybe not used but a demo/display. If you don't think that's a big deal go pick up a demo reel at Gander Mountain, they are wore out. I was expecting it to come with a reel cover/bag, but I'm not sure if it's suppose to.

Did you buy from eBay?

Alot of sellers take it out just to make sure it functions. That could be it.

I dont know about a reel cover though, just pick one up at BPS for a couple bucks

That's not the point. If it comes with a bag, then I'm going to get my bag.

Yes, ebay. I hadn't considered that. If I were selling reels on ebay I would probably check them to.

Its wrapped in a plastic bag.  There are also some plastic inserts to protect the knob, which was wrapped in foam, IIRC.

It does not come with a bag to my knowledge.

Thanks, now could anyone answer another question about it for me?

The spool shaft seems to have alot of play. With the drag tight you can grab the spool and move it up/down about an eighth of an inch. The slack is in the shaft, remove the spool and you can move the shaft that eighth. Is this normal? All of my other spinning reels have a small amount of slack but nowhere near this amount.

That because it uses a worm gear to drive the spool oscillation, instead of the usual offset cam/idler gear.  Same mechanism as a levelwind on a baitcast, same tiny bit of play.  I'll check mine when I get home, but I'm pretty sure that's normal.

That because it uses a worm gear to drive the spool oscillation, instead of the usual offset cam/idler gear. Same mechanism as a levelwind on a baitcast, same tiny bit of play. I'll check mine when I get home, but I'm pretty sure that's normal.

Alright, good. Thanks. Smallies and spots beware I am coming for you in the am!

Yep, in and out about 1/8".