Sign in to follow this  
catchnm

Team All Star IM10 rods ?opinions?

Anyone? :-?

I thought they do not make allstars anymore or they dont make them in the US anymore?

They're good, no-frills rods.  They are relatively light, sensitive, and very tough.   Up until a few years ago they were made in Texas, now they are made in China, like just about every rod.  For the money, you can do a lot worse. 

I've used a 6'6" Allstar IM10X (785C TWS) for 6-7 yrs.  Not the lightest nor the most sensitive rod but it is still very competitive in its $100 price range and has been a good dependable rod for a variety of presentations.  Nothing bad to say about it and it fishes at least as well as other $100 rods I've tried from BPS and elsewhere.  I'm a happy camper.

I built a fly rod on one of their IM10 blanks.

Very light and fast action for the money.

I still have and use five of the All Star American Classic rods.  That was the rod that was one step below the Team All Stars when they were American made.  I have a flipping rod, a pitching rod, two spinnerbait rods and a spinning rod.  They aren't the lightest rods, but they are rock solid and for moving baits they are tough to beat.  I'm going to use them until they just wear out, which may be a long time.

I've got three of the newer Classics and they are definitely rock solid and sensitive. I figured to step up to the IM10 rods hoping they would be more sensitive. Most of my fishing is slow with plastics rigged a number of different ways so I want to feel the most subtle pick up.