Sign in to follow this  
florida strain

Need line recommendation

I'm going to rig a ultra light and medium light combo for panfish. I plan to target  black crappie mostly, does any one have a recommendation on a brand and test ? I plan on using live bait as well as small jigs. Thanks,

4 lb. Yo Zuri Hybrid.

I just switched to it after all of the good reviews it got on this site and now I see why.

Back when I actually fished for panfish, I used Trilene 2# or 4#.  If I were to do it all again, I'd be looking a lot closer at the fused superlines.  Silly fine diameters, and high break strengths.

10/2 power pro or something similar i like braid on a spinning reel. its alot more manageable.

I was a hard core red box Trilene fan for years. I've since switched to Sufix for my mono and braid.

I made the switch to braid (Sufix Performance 10/4) on my ul rig. Even the best mono would give me grief on my spinning reels after a while. The braid is a winner right out of the gate and it only gets better as it breaks in and softens up a bit.

I don't care for it in larger sizes but Fireline 4lb. is going on all of my ultralight spinners for crappie.

If you want to go cheaper P-Line CX Premium is awesome.